Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why Rexburg is cool

Rexburg is ripped on quite often. And while I can't say I am sad I will never be a resident there, it has some definite perks! Last weekend I went with Ryan's sisters/inlaws to visit another sister and her husband. I thought it was fabulous. Here's why.

  • Best ice cream of my life...seriously why has no one ever put caramel in grasshopper ice cream before now? And so creamy.
  • They have that magical chocolate milk with potato flakes in it. Seriously good, and seriously bad for you I am sure.
  • Katie and Jeff live there. And they are some of my favorite people.
  • Jimmer, their new dog is now there. I am not an animal lover but that little guy is too cute to handle. Holy smokes.
  • The Marriott is quite nice. Good breakfast.
  • They have a new DownEast clothing store...with a lot of Anthropologie stuff. I scored $300 boots for $35. Hello. They deserve their own post.
  • Nothing is more than a few minutes away, and traffic was never bad.
  • The temple is really pretty and wasn't too packed on a Saturday. Nice.
  • You can go to a Saturday movie minutes before it starts and it isn't sold out.
  • It feels cozy. The whole town.
  • The ice cream. I'm telling you. I want more.
  • You can see the Tetons on a clear day. (thanks Kate for pointing that out)
I had so much fun on our little weekend away. Katie and Jeff were nice to show us around, and Jeff was a good sport to hang out with five girls all the time. I love any excuse to spend a weekend eating delicious food and doing fun things, but Kate and Jeff really are some of my very favorite people, so seeing them was the best part (but maybe the ice cream...). So lay off Rexburg, it's cool yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment