Monday, November 12, 2012

The weekend

This past weekend was so great. Few things make me happier than snow, I was SO excited to see it start falling Friday morning. I knew it was just going to be a great little weekend. Highlights.

  • The snow. Duh.
  • Kyle playing in the snow for basically the first real time. He loved it. 
  • A real live date with Ryan. Dinner AND a a movie AND great company. Dinner was yum, James Bond was great, and we always love hanging out with siblings sans children. 
  • A Saturday morning deal at Old Navy. Half priced coats, and mini snow pants make me happy.
  • Baking in the afternoon that made the house smell great.
  • BYU football for Ryan Saturday night, Kyle and I decided it was too cold for us, but they won without us.
  • Getting tons of Christmas shopping done without leaving my house.
  • Playing in the snow as a family. We set out to build a snowman but Kyle only had eyes for the sled...and lucky for him he has a dad willing to pull him super fast. Such joy on Kyle's face...I couldn't capture the best of it because I was running along laughing all at the same time. SO much fun though.
  • Delicious and different flavored roast for dinner on Sunday, with one of our favorite people as a dinner guest.
  • We got out TV mounted on the wall finally thanks to Ryan's brother! It changed the whole room downstairs, I love it. And I love that Kyle can't touch it:)
It was a good one. They usually are. Sad to see Monday had to end it, but the party around here always finds a way of carrying on, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment