Tuesday, March 20, 2012

La Salsa

I love Mexican food almost as much as I love Shakira and Juanes. But let's just stick with the food for a minute. I thought I would toss my salsa recipe on here. I have had a lot of requests for it so why not? When I say it is "my" recipe that is a total lie. It is my brother in law's recipe. He taught it to me, and deserves all the credit. It is delish and you won't believe how simple it is.

2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can rotel habenero
1 can rotel lime and cilantro
1 bunch cilantro
1 white (or brown or red - your preference) onion
1 tbsp cummin
1/2 - 1 tbsp garlic salt
2 tsp lemon or lime juice
pepper to taste

Put the onion in the blender first, then the rest. It doesn't all fit into our blender so I divide it in half, i.e., 1 can of tomatoes, 1 can of rotel, etc., and make "2" batches. Just blend until you want. You can play around with the salt, pepper and lemon/lime juice to your preference. You can also play around with different Rotel combinations...the habenero will give it more hottness. 

We put this on everything. It is the perfect healthy way to enhance your food's flavor. Tonight we put in on our coconut shrimp tacos. So. Good.

1 comment: