Thursday, March 1, 2012

Katie Crabb Productions

I have mentioned my insanely talented sister in law before, but after watching my wedding video, our family vacation video, and the newborn Kyle video she made, I feel the need to bring her up again. She is amazing. I also feel like sharing my tangent about videos.

If you read this blog you know I am pretty addicted to photographing everything. I have no skills, but I love pictures and the memories attached to them, so I take crazy amounts of pictures of about everything. But vidoes? Videos do even more.

When I was getting married I wasn't going to do a wedding video. They are usually expensive and I didn't feel like making room for it in the budget. Katie talked me into it, and I am forever grateful. Don't get me wrong, I love my wedding pictures with all my heart. Many are still displayed in my home, and I look through my book of them often. But no picture captures my wedding day like my video does. Watching actual footage of Ryan and I interacting on our wedding day is such a treasure to me. That day was such a blur, so I love watching it over and over to make the memory a little more clear. Magical. Not only do I have to thank Katie for the amazing job she did on our video, I have to thank her even more for making me get a wedding video! Katie is amazingly talented and in my opinion, way under priced. At her prices, there is room in any wedding budget for a video. You will never regret it.

After I had Kyle, Katie came and did a little newborn video of him. She captured Ryan and I interacting with him, and his sweet little countenance. I cherish this video so much. I forget how things are so fast, and though again I love my pictures, there is just something about live action that means so much more. And watching it all in high quality, put to music, and looking so professional is so neat. It brings back memories in a way pictures cannot.

Even now as I look back at our low quality footage of Kyle I love it. I regret so much that we have not taken more video. Video captures life happening. No poses. Just how it actually is. I would have loved if I had Katie at the hospital when Kyle was born, or have interviewed Ryan and I while we were engaged, and now I can't wait to have her come hang out with my fam and just capture footage of us being us, and turn it into the timeless memory I will love forever. I can't stress enough how great she is. Her work is amazing and her prices are more than affordable. The way she captures things is perfect. Candid. Life. Personal.

She has made me realize that videographers are great for so many more things than weddings. Check out her site. I promise, you will not be disappointed. We all worry about regular photo shoots for our families and important events, but why not add a video? Such a magical way to remember how things happened.

Go. Check her out. Right now. Click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. you totally made me wish i had done a wedding video. but seriously the other day i was thinking i need to video emmett more rather than just take pictures. i'd love a professional one of him!

    ReplyDelete