Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crafty

So back when I was pregnant with Kyle I had a hard time finding any bedding/decor that I liked. Because of this, I felt inspired to make him a quilt. I am not really super crafty, especially when a sewing machine is involved...so this was ambitious. Luckily I have a friend very experienced in quilting who helped me a ton. Also, I make the quilt tops, send them away to be quilted, then I do the binding...so all that fancy stitchery work is done by someone else. But I am still proud of my part. Well I swore Kyle's quilt would be my first and last...but then I kept going. So I have decided to make a little quilt journal, to remember the quilts as I do them.

First up, Kyle's quilt. Matches his room, and I still love the colors...which is a miracle. I tend to change my mind way too much when it comes to decor. This quilt is full of flaws, but will always be special to me.


The next one I did will always be special to me. I made this one for Brooklyn, my sweet niece who was stillborn in November. She is definitely a special spirit, and it made me happy to make something for her.

My most recent one was so much fun. I was completely obsessed with the colors and fabrics. This one was for Baby Garrity, who is yet to arrive. Hope she approves!


That's it so far. I am currently working on a bedspread for Kyle's "big boy" bed. It is the biggest and by far the most involved quilt I have tried so far. It will sort of be a miracle if it all works out, but totally worth the work. I have really come to enjoy this little hobby...and am working to improve all the time. It is rewarding to put so much time and effort into something and then enjoy the beautiful product. Happy quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow; I'm super impressed! I think your quilts have all turned out really well so far. They all look great – keep up the good work because I know you'll keep getting better and better at it!

    ReplyDelete