Saturday, February 11, 2012

14 Months

Another month has gone by my friends, and Kyle has new tricks of course! Favorites?
  • He walks! (finally). It is really only a few steps at a time, and he still prefers to crawl most of the time...but he does walk!
  • He jumps. In the air, both feet off the ground, and lands perfectly. It has only happened a few times though.
  • He gives kisses. Legit ones. All puckered, so slobber. He only kisses me and select stuffed animals usually, but Ryan was lucky enough to get one once too. This is perhaps my favorite milestone so far.
  • He roars like a dinosaur, but always in a whisper.
  • He still dances when there is any sort of music. He loves music so much. It always calms him down and makes him happy.
  • He loves to be outside. No matter how cold, he would prefer to be outside.
  • He doesn't like his food broken up. Prefers to take his own bites.
  • 14 teeth. 
  • LOVES High School Musical and Camp Rock. Maybe more than me. Seriously. He will watch as long as we let him.
  • Loves to read books. Especially new ones from the library.
  • Loves to point out facial features and name them.
  • He loves his haircut. Cries and cries when I finish. Sits perfectly still the whole time.
  • Loves to comb his own hair in the morning.
  • He loves taking medicine and hates eating.
  • He doesn't like to share. Period.
  • He loves to kiss himself in the mirror.
  • He loves to wrestle and be flipped upside down.
  • He. Is. SO. Sweet. 
I keep thinking each month is my favorite until the next one happens and becomes my new favorite. As much as I loved cuddling a newborn, watching Kyle learn to talk and seeing his personality become so distinct is so much fun. He is a bit crazy, but I love his energy. We love having him around so much, even though he makes me go insane sometimes. I look forward to all the new things this next month will bring!

I will leave you with a video. Last night we heard Kyle laughing in the middle of the night. We went in and found him happily standing up, then diving onto his blankets over and over again. When I asked him if he wanted to get out of bed he said no, and kept diving and laughing. So then I said good night, and this is what he did, before returning to his game....


1 comment:

  1. Kyle must love to have his picture taken. He is always smiling and looking right at the camera. I love the yellow bow tie, even though it might look better on Ryan.

    ReplyDelete