Sunday, December 18, 2011

What a mighty mighty good man

I am not really one for PDA or online gushing about my husband, though he would deserve it. BUT. Yesterday I thought it was time we celebrated Ryan. He works so hard. Until this past September he has worked 40+ hours a week while going to school full time in a program so demanding most students don't work at all while doing it. In September he was able to start as a part time research assistant while going to school...it has been fabulous to see a bit more of him. Anyways my point is this guy works soooo hard and never complains. EVER. He just plugs through doing what needs to be done. He is also so helpful at home. He is constantly asking, what can I do for you? And is the first to jump out of bed if Kyle needs something in the middle of the night. My point is...he is one of the good guys.

So yesterday I realized...his finals were over (one of which took 3 full days to complete..not joking..and it was only two problems...bleh)...and his first year of grad school was behind him! This was big news. Ryan isn't one to act stressed, he always remains calm, but who isn't at least a little relieved when finals are over? So I informed him we were going out! I had been told the lights at the Riverwoods were fun, and it just so happens one of our fave restaurants is also in the Riverwoods. Fate I tell you.

We had a delicious and fun time. The lights were fun, the food was yum, and the company was the best around. Then we roamed Costco (one of our favorite activities) and headed home to fire up the cocoa-latte and watch Elf. Good stuff.


 Love Kyle's face


2 comments:

  1. You are very luck to married to him! I just love Ry Guy! Tell him congrats with his first year of grad school behind him. Also, you look so very cute in your hat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this adorable hat you have on your adorably cute head? I LOVE it. I have been searching for a hate just like that. You did find a good one to marry. :) Glad you guys celebrated Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete