Friday, December 30, 2011

Did it myself.

 I like Pinterest as much as the next person, but sometimes my "DIY" list gets too long to handle. SO many good ideas, so little time and means to actually carry them out. But when I saw this little scrabble type board it sparked an idea...an idea I knew I had to carry out...in the form of Ryan's Christmas present.
the Pinterest version

I LOVED this. I also happen to be married to a man who asks me to play scrabble with him on a daily basis. I almost always answer no...it takes too long. Anyways I knew he would love this BUT...I know Ryan...and Ryan is a man who likes to keep score. He wouldn't want to play some abstract game on a board with no "triple word score" squares to strategize around. So I had my mission. To make an actual magnetic scrabble board...scoreable (not an approved scrabble word) and all. After throwing around a few different ideas, here is the final product. Not perfect, but so fun! We have it hung in a central location in our house, so we can play everyday!


We keep the letters in a cute jar on a nearby shelf, which also has a score pad attached. We have already had a lot of fun playing our game, a few moves a day. Ryan is a big fan. Now instead of asking to play scrabble daily, he is just constantly reminding me its my turn. Love it. 

4 comments:

  1. i just love this and i love how it turned out- you're amazing! i'm so glad ryan loves it too. definitely a plus. so impressed, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours is about 10 times better than the pintrest version. Very impressed with your skills woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! and I totally think you did a better version! Evan and I play everyday, I'm totally copying you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am planning on making one of these for my parents but before I go and run out to buy all the stuff, I was wondering if you could tell me how you put it all together with the actual board. This is how I plan to do it as well. Yours turned out great! I can't wait to make mine too :)

    ReplyDelete