Monday, December 12, 2011

One year older, wiser too.

My baby is ONE! It blows my mind. It has been the fastest, craziest, hardest, most life changing year of my life so far. But this is not about me. Let's talk about my favorite little boy.

I feel like Kyle grew up even more than usual in the last month. He is so full of personality. My favorites?
  • All of his talking! Hi, No, Up, Out, Oh dear, Oh wow, and What's this?..all his most common words.
  • He says "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi..." until whoever he is greeting acknowledges him.
  • He fake sneezes about ten times after any real sneeze.
  • He loves stairs. He can get up and down in no time at all.
  • He loves peaches n' cream oatmeal and granola bars.
  • He loves his soy milk.
  • He loves to play outside, even in the cold.
  • He loves Christmas lights.
  • He loves to sit and look at books,  and really loves to turn the pages.
  • He has started hiding his face when he feels shy, then pops his head out with a big grin.
  • He sings along with songs, not words, just his sweet little singing voice.
  • He loves to be played with. Especially playing with other little kids.
  • He knows how to throw a good fit.
  • He loves suckers.
  • He loves playing with puzzles.
  • He likes to talk on the phone.
  • He walks a lot, but never lets go.
  • He likes to carry things around with him.
  • He loves pillows..sleeping on them, throwing himself on them...and stealing mine.
  • He is SO happy and smiley.
I always feel like I forget things..mostly I wish I could just capture a bit of his personality and document it. He is so sweet and funny and cute and perfect. We love him so much. I am so grateful he came to us. This first year was so much fun, and the older he gets the more fun it is! I love watching him turn into a little person. Happy birthday little man! (party details to come)

My good friend Mike was nice enough to take some pics of Kyle for his big day. I love them.

















2 comments:

  1. man julie, he's so cute. and he sure is a snappy dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His little bow tie made me laugh. Great kid.

    ReplyDelete