Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012

It was a great year. Some things to remember:

  • Chopped my hair shorter than ever before
  • Ryan went to Ohio for a week on business
  • Ryan presented at a conference in San Diego and was published!!!
  • Ryan decided to go for the PhD
  • I decided to go back to school, applied, got in, and registered.
  • I had my gall bladder out, and knee surgery. Both were unexpected.
  • Kyle grew up SO much.
  • Kyle turned TWO! What?
  • We went on trips to San Diego and Dallas
  • We went to three MLB games
  • Ryan finished his second year of grad school
  • I ran a few races, including the SLC Half and the terrible Migraine Half as I now call it.
  • Ryan quit sugar and lost weight
  • We found out we are having a little girl next year and finished half the pregnancy
  • We played a lot of Candy Land and Monopoly
  • We had Kate and Jeff live with us for the summer
  • Kyle went from crawling, to walking, talking, and acting like he is 20.
  • Ryan passed all his qualifiers and officially became a PhD student...meaning we decided to stay two and a half more years.
And so much more. 2013 freaks me out, but that is for a whole other post. I feel like we learned a lot, and made a few life altering decisions this year, but at the same time it feels like we just sort of floated through it. A lot happened, and yet it feels uneventful. I think I am just grateful for years like 2012. It had trials for sure, and plenty of happy times too. It was well balanced and sort of....calm? At times it felt intense, but overall it was a happy year full of a lot of good lessons, and good times. I feel ok about it coming to an end. Let's move on!





No comments:

Post a Comment