Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Victory

It is easy for me to look through "defeat goggles" at the end of each day. I see what I didn't get done or what i didn't do well enough. Today I decided I should count my victories instead. Just the small things, like getting the laundry done (or started even), getting a work out in, learning something at school, making Kyle laugh, or sometimes just making it home to say I lived another day. Every day is full of victories. And sometimes I like to remember the big victories in my life so far to motivate me to remember that I can do hard things.

If you allow it I think the daily victories will always trump that day's defeats. It just depends on which ones you are willing to count up at the end of each day.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I apply the same thought to my wife and kids. If I focus on the things that the did today instead of on the things that they did not do, I feel more gratitude and more love for them.

    ReplyDelete