Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter Break

I thought about breaking this all up into smaller posts, but then I decided to just mash it all into one. The whole winter break. Sledding, family time, Christmas, my sister's visit, and more. It has been jam packed!

Before the official start of the break we were lucky enough to get some time with Kate and Jeff! They came and stayed a night with us and as always, we loved it. We stayed up too late but had a great time, so it was worth it. Kyle loved having them back in the house, and enjoyed Jimmer coming along too.




That weekend we went for some sledding in Heber with the Lundgreen family.  It was a beautiful day. I love having an in law family I like so much. I also love to sled. I only went down a few times but I love how I feel like I am 5 years old while I do it. Watching Ryan was probably my favorite part...topped only by Kyle's love of riding around with Grandpa in the ATV and digger. Ryan had a few wipe outs that were really fun to watch:)

CHRISTMAS

Next was the arrival of the Brown's! I have mentioned before how much I ADORE my sister. Having her family in town for the holiday was perfect. We started things off with Christmas Eve. Ryan and I got to watch the kids for a bit in the morning which I loved. I did the girls' hair and nails, and then it started snowing. Watching 4 little kids react to a snowstorm when they have never seen it before was pretty great.

Later we had the traditional clam chowder dinner (my faaaaaaaavorite) and a little Christmas program. It was so fun to have my family there. As much as I love my parents, spending Christmas as an only child was never my favorite. I loved having everyone there. I can't forget to mention how much Kyle loved his jammies he opened. They were Mickey Mouse (duh) and holy smokes. I thought he would like them but he couldnt stop dancing and singing that he was happy! It is also now a daily battle to get him to wear anything else. Then Ryan and I came home and helped Kyle put cookies out for Santa. Then we just sat and chatted by the tree. It was so peaceful and perfect. I am so in love with my own little family time. There is truly nothing I love more.

Christmas morning was so fun this year! Kyle actually slept in more than he ever has in his life...Ryan and I were up, dressed, and making crepes by the time our little man came walking out of his room. The very first thing he did was run to check the cookies (so grateful we remembered to empty the plate last minute). Then he ran in and saw his Mickey mouse holding his stocking. His reaction was amazing. We ate our crepes, opened our presents and then headed over to visit my family for a bit.

Christmas afternoon we had dinner at Ryan's sisters house. it was great! Her husband is an AMAZING cook so I knew the food would be amazing, but everything looked so pretty and it was fun to see all the family. We can't thank them enough for hosting, I know it was so much work. We had a great time.

We finished the day back at my parents just chatting and relaxing. Christmas night is always such a weird feeling. Like all of a sudden it is over. It always goes so fast.

OTHER FUN
The rest of the week was packed with fun stuff. I think I will do the highlights bullet style.

  • Giving Michelle a whole new look
  • Kyle getting to play with cousins around the clock
  • Being surrounded by family all the time
  • Going to City Creek and to see the lights
  • An amazing date night with Chris and Michelle
  • Getting box seats at a Jazz game!! 
  • Trying and LOVING Thai food
  • Going to Heber with my family to sled 
  • Shopping with Michelle
  • Cafe Rio
  • Ryan and Chris getting to play a lot of tennis
  • Cutting the girls' hair
  • Snuggling Miles
  • Going to Build A Bear with all the kids. Kyle loved it.
  • Having everyone get to know Kyle a little better.
  • Lunch with Mom and Michelle
  • Ryan being able to spend so much time at home
  • Watching Pitch Perfect
  • The pumpkin drop...where my dad throws huge pumpkins off the silo and we watch the explode
  • Playing in the snow over and over again
  • Me, Ryan, AND Kyle making it all the way to midnight on New Years Eve.
And some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment