Monday, December 17, 2012

Pregnancy so far.

When I was pregnant with Kyle I didn't document anything. Partly because I didn't have internet access, and partly because I just didn't want to. This time around I think I want to document a bit more, just because I want to remember more. So here is a little recap of the first half (give or take a week or two) of this pregnancy.

I found out I was pregnant in early September. I had gotten up at 4:30 as usual (usual for then...not so much now) to go running and thought I would just take a test even though I thought it was too early to tell. Bam. Positive. I was shocked and SO excited. I woke Ryan up and told him, he was thrilled, then I went running as usual. It was a fun run. And yes, I took a picture with my positive test. This is one picture I did take with Kyle, me holding my test the night we found out. Why not make it a tradition? (funny side note...later that day I ended up in instacare because I saw a snake, hyperventilated and had a full on panic attack. so much excitement for one day, and yes, I am THAT afraid of snakes.)
We didn't tell anyone for a few months. I liked having a secret. it got challenging to hide when I got so sick. So much more sick than last time. It was a rough few months, but always felt worth it of course. Around Halloween we shared the news with our close friends and family. We mailed everyone the picture I posted here and on facebook later.

My sickness lifted quite a bit around 14 weeks. I was so happy to have an appetite again and to not throw up so many times each day. It was wonderful to feel a bit better.

I haven't had many specific cravings. I couldn't stand fast food for a few months, and I also couldn't eat meat. But now everything is pretty normal. I can't sleep through the night, and I am tired a lot, but I really can't complain. Nothing I can't handle living with for a few months. No complaints at all. I am not a person who LOVES pregnancy like some, but I am very grateful for pregnancy, and that feeling of gratitude usually trumps any discomfort or complaint I have. It all seems like such a small sacrifice for what you get out of it. I am just happy to be pregnant, whatever that includes!

How about a few pics? I feel like I was showing more at 7 weeks than at like 15...major bloating (tmi?)...anyways I think you always feel bigger than you look for the beginning. I feel like a fool taking these pictures...for the record.
What the awkward face in week 17? Creeper.

Then today we found out we are having a GIRL! I can't say I was surprised ..I was so sure of this one being a girl I had already purchased a few small girl items. But even though I wasn't shocked...I am terrified. Girls stress me out. I went to buy a little "it's a girl" prize today and after 3 minutes in the girl section I found myself overwhelmed and headed back to Kyle's department for comfort. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited...but I honestly find it scary. That's all. I am really excited for this whole new world.

The ultrasound went really well. I was really nervous for it with Kyle, and again with this one. I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby on its (her!?) way. It still hasn't really sunk in yet, but I do get overwhelmed with gratitude often when I think about it.

So I think that is about it so far! Just about half way there! Here is today's pic...seriously I don't ever know what to do when taking these. I get awkward.



3 comments:

  1. you look adorable! I am so so excited that you're having a girl. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, so cute. and i am so happy to see pics this time around!! :) it's awkward, but fun. looove you and the little miss on the way! can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome to have another girl cousin in the ranks. you look great and I'm glad you're documenting it all.

    ReplyDelete