Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The day he turned two

On Kyle's actual birthday we had a lot of fun. We started the day by meeting his good friend Emmett for donuts, which they both quite enjoyed. Then Kyle and I headed to the mall to play because he loves it so much. It just so happened that Jr. High choirs were performing live there all day! Kyle LOVED listening and dancing to the music and I got a kick out of the fact ten years ago that day I was probably doing something similar to those little kids singing.


After Ryan got home we took Kyle to Chuck E. Cheese. He had gone with his cousins while we were in Texas and loved it so, so much. He loves the rides, the games, and getting to run around "being a kid", as their slogan says. It was also funny for because 9 years ago that day I was probably the girl at the register...day of flashbacks for me I guess. It was so fun to go just the three of us and play all night there. Kyle is such a fan.


We ended the night with presents, which ended up being an hour long one on one basketball game between Ryan and Kyle. Funny details? Kyle "dribbles" the ball...I will put a video on maybe. It is so funny. Also, at one point Ryan accidentally hit Kyle in the face so he said "I'm sorry Kyle"...Kyle's reply? "say it again Daddy." So Ryan apologized again...this went on about ten times before Kyle said, "its ok" and moved on. So funny.

I think Kyle had an awesome day. I know I did. I love parties, but spending the day just with Kyle, and then the evening as our little family of three was magical. I love both those guys so much, it is a treat to get to spend time with them. Love you K! Happy birthday!

*It should also be noted that Kyle started potty training himself, and stopped napping completely on his birthday. One I love, the other is tragic for me. I loved my nap times. But he stays happy all day, doesn't even act like he needs one. Heaven help me. He is 2 going on 20 sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. ahh the chucks pics! that car. we have so many pictures in that car. haha the memories. so glad he had such a great day! can't believe how old he is.

    ReplyDelete