Monday, December 10, 2012

Blue Party

One of Kyle's first words was "blue". He always picks blue when there are color options, so I thought he would enjoy a whole party celebrating him and the color blue. We kept the party WAY smaller than last year, and I loved that. It was a "friends" party that was more like a "cousins" party, and I let Kyle make the guest list himself. He chose cousins, and Emmett. He also listed some of his adult friends, who were kind enough to spend a Saturday evening at a two year old's party. Cousins, pizza, and cake, seemed to be Kyle's main requirements as we planned the party. Simple enough!

A bit of decor, plus some blue velvet cake and an all blue candy buffet.
I was so grateful to everyone that came. It is so awesome to know that people love and care about Kyle. He has so much love in his life, and it meant so much to me to see people come out to celebrate with us. My mom also told an original story about the land of blue which Kyle and Wesley especially loved. Then we did presents (spoiled little boy) and cake and called it good. Aside from two injuries, Kyle was happy and loving it the whole time. I worked hard this year to have him help make all the decisions, pick out decorations, make the guest list/menu, and keep it low key enough he would have a great time. Mission accomplished I think. And wow was he impressed by "blue cake"...totally worth it.
Afterwards he crashed hard after reading his new Mickey books a thousand times, and cuddling with his new stuffed Mickey. The next morning I woke up to him saying "woohoooo!!!!"...as he had rediscovered all the new gifts from the night before. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment