Monday, December 10, 2012

Gonna party like it's my birthday

I had a birthday that felt like it lasted a week! Besides my pants being tighter, this was fabulous! The weekend before, Ryan took me downtown overnight and Kyle had a sleepover at my parents. This was magical. We stayed within walking distance to City Creek and Temple Square. It was rainy. My favorite. We had dinner at The Garden where I enjoyed the best shrimp of my life, then enjoyed the lights and fountains (that part made me wish K was with us), then headed back to our room to watch cable (I have never had it at home, so I obsess when we go somewhere that has it), ate some treats, and slept as late as we wanted to the next day. Then we did some shopping of course.
After hours of shopping we still had some time on the babysitter clock...so naturally I chose to go to McDonalds. Judge me all you want, I adore that place and when it is my birthday? You better believe I go there. Then we picked Kyle up early and headed home for sweats and gingerbread train making. He loved it more than a little.
The next day my family threw a little party for me. My dad made the BEST steak. So yum. And Kyle and I got to blow candles out together.
THEN on my actual birthday we partied some more. Becky took me to lunch which was delicious AND fun. Can't beat that. Then that night we went to the Riverwoods, ate magical pizza (wonder why my pants are tighter gees), saw the lights and Kyle visited Santa. He made fast friends with Santa and still talks about how nice he is, and that he gives out candy. Though this is Kyle's third Christmas, this was his first Santa experience. It went so well. Anyways then we came home and watched Hunger Games. Love it.
Last but definitely not least later in the week my wonderful friends took me to dinner. To say I love these girls is an understatement. We don't get together super often, especially just the girls, but holy smokes when we do? I love it so much. I laugh so hard. I drink so much Diet Coke. Life is just good with them. 
I can't forget to mention all the cards, calls, and text that came in too. I felt so loved. It was a wonderful birthday....week? 

And THAT my friends, is how you turn TWENTY FIVE!? Woo. Thanks to everyone!!

1 comment: