Thursday, July 28, 2011

On your mark!

I guess I am far enough into my training to come public. I am training to run the St. George marathon in October! I am scared to death but SUPER excited too. Anyways, I obviously spend a lot of time running and this couldn't change just because my dear sister was here. The first week they were here I ran solo as usual. Then something magical happened! My sister, who had also been running but not with any particular goal, decided to join me! For two glorious weeks I had a running partner and it was great! We decided it would be fun to try and do a race while she was in town, and it worked out perfectly. We ran the Pioneer Classic 10k in Provo. I think we both went in a bit over confident since we had run much longer distances that week alone, but even with the hill they refer to as "Goliath" (seriously I wanted to die...I have never seen a hill that long and steep) we came in exactly at our goal time! It was so fun to be able to do something like that together. These are the kinds of things we have always talked about wanting to do together and it was even better than I had imagined. We also had a fabulous crowd at the finish line. Simply fabulous.
 Before

 During.
 After!


No comments:

Post a Comment