Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas in July {camping}

So this post marks the beginning of the posts documenting the Brown's stay. We had SO much fun and I definitely want to journal it all and rather then one long marathon post I think I would rather break it up just for organizational purposes. They were here for 3 weeks and we tried to make the most of every day. I will start with the family camping trip. I don't remember the last time my entire family went camping together. I don't think it has happened since we moved from St. Louis. We were LONG over due. We went up Spanish Fork canyon and just stayed one night. It was so great to have everyone there. When a chunk of your family lives on the other side of the world you learn to cherish these rare times of togetherness. So great to have the Aussies back! So what did we do? Let me show you.
 Hailey and I snuggled a bit
 Kyle enjoyed every second as usual
 We enjoyed Ryan taking the day off to be able to come along!
 We had fun watching my parents be with ALL their grand kids at once.
 We celebrated my mom's birthday! If you haven't tried the cooler with dry ice to enable delicious ice cream while camping...you should.
 Ryan found a way to chill our melon before dinner. Yum.
 Rhett liked the river
 We cheated and grilled our hot dogs. Yum again.
 We laughed A LOT.
 Aaron was in heaven with the water spout. 
 Girl cousin bonding.
 Hiking happened.
 Holly was basically a professional roaster. Best mallows I have ever seen.
Erik whipped up an AMAZING dutch over breakfast.
We soaked up every second of having THEM here!

And as Dad would say, a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment