Friday, May 18, 2012

Our House

I have never really posted too much about where we live. This is sad because I have put a lot of work into it, but kept wanting to be all the way done before taking pics to document it. Well, I have discovered I might never be all the way done. So I will start to post things a little at a time. I have never once taken pics of any of our apartments, and that makes me sad. And since we have already lived here longer than anywhere else, and plan to stay a while longer, I want to remember our space here. I wish I had before pictures of everything, because in my opinion, it has come a long way. Here are a few of the rooms I have spruced up a bit.

It was hard to really capture the rooms because I have a beyond terrible camera and no photography skills. But I did what I could. Here is the ONE before picture.
Our dresser and matching nightstands were my parents when they got married...they deserved a makeover. After some research I discovered a primer that allowed me to paint these laminate particle board nasties without ANY sanding. Lovely.

I thought I took other befores...but I guess not. Bummer man. 

Dining Room and Entry

  •  painted walls aqua (pics arent very true to color)
  • Painted flower and striped canvas
  • Panted plaques and applied paper
  • Bought: rug, fat gives things flavor word art, cactus.
  • Free: table and chairs, carpe diem printable, plates on wall
Kyle's Room
His room is sort of in transition from nursery to little man room, but until his new quilt is done, we are sticking with the old colors.


  •  Painted gray wall
  • Painted shelf black
  • Made frames and BOY letters
  • Sewed quilt and window banner
  • Gifted: Stuffed Owl, carriage cross stitch
  • Bought: Bed, curtains, and shoot for the moon picture
Our Bedroom
I have never loved our bedroom. I was going to wait to do anything until we moved and actually bought some furniture, but with the news we were staying I knew it had to be fixed.


  •  Refinished dresser and nightstands.
  • Painted ceiling aqua
  • Painted lamps and made ruffle shades.
  • Refinished mirror
  • Painted some canvas. 
  • Sewed all the pillows, and dresser runner
  • Free: I love us printable
  • Bought: white blanket, rug, curtains, metal flower wall hanging
  • Gift: Flower arrangement, piggy bank(has been in my room since jr. high)
Back Bathroom

  • Sewed towel overlays
  • Bought: lemons, floral wall hangings
Well that's a start! I will keep posting as I finish things. Even the rooms I posted are always a work in progress, they lack little finishing touches and rooms always seem to evolve as you live in them...which is a good thing. But for now we are loving our little house. It feels more like home than anywhere else we have lived. Home Sweet Home.

3 comments:

  1. i'll say it again. you're amazing! it looks so great jules. and the pics are fabulous. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY. Love the bedroom - so fresh and so "you";) Really though, it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete