Monday, April 30, 2012

Rollin' with my home boy

Oh Monday. I don't hate them like I once did, but there still seems to be something overwhelming about them. Monday is cleaning day here. Not my favorite, but someone's gotta do it...plus I LOVE a nice clean house. Anyways. This Monday needed something to spice it up a bit. Kyle and I needed to have some fun.

I love to exercise, but only when it doesn't feel like a chore. Tell me I HAVE to get a workout in today and I suddenly can't bring myself to do it...but I happen to really enjoy certain activities that could definitely count as exercise. So I choose those, and it all works out better. But I also realized I do everything before Kyle wakes up. My fave classes and my runs are always sans Kyle. We stay active playing during the day, but wouldn't it be nice if I could get some good exercise with Kyle? Not only to increase my activity to the next level, but to start showing him by example that being active is important. I can't stand running with a stroller (go moms who do it!), and Kyle has a very short stroller attention span.....UNLESS....then it hit me. I LOVE to roller blade. Ever since I was a little girl I would strap my blades on as many hours as I could in a day. I bet Kyle would love the stroller if it was moving that fast.

And so we went. It was wonderful. He had a blast, I got a mid day "work out" (blading makes things burn I never knew existed), and we enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was a success. I am so happy we now have another activity to fill our days together. Something we both really enjoy. And of course we take a while to visit the ducks, slide, and swing while we are at the park. Of course.

I am sure I look like a fool out there rolling around, but it is so refreshing to have fun like that.


1 comment:

  1. this seems like it would be a blast. i can picture emmett cracking up going that fast in the stroller. loove that pic of kyle, melts me!

    ReplyDelete