Monday, February 7, 2011

superpackedsunday

SO yesterday was a very busy but great day! It just so happened Kyle's blessing day and the super bowl were on the same blessed day. The combo made for a festive day! Kyle was blessed in the morning and then we had a bash at our place after, and then we headed to my parents later for a football party. A good time was had by all. All of it happening in one day really made me think about how funny culture and traditions are. I mean really, a baby blessing lasts two minutes yet everyone gathers and we throw a party for it. And then we make certain foods and throw a big party for a football game every year. How do I feel about this? FABULOUS. I love any excuse to have a festive party. It was really fun to have so many people come support our little family. We really felt the love.I tried to get some good pics but I tend to get lost in the festivities and leave the camera behind. I think someone has some more shots of decor and such from the blessing but I don't wanna wait to get those... so I will just post what I have! 
Tubbing for his big day!

Please excuse my face in all these...sinus infection+eye infection= ug pics.

(this is the day before...our nephew got baptized and I got Kyle dressed and Ry ended up coming out in a matching outfit without knowing it. Had to document.)

Lookin gooood lil' man!

Lundgreen men all ready.

The fam

Ryan playing with his sweet rc helicopter before the big game. (this is Ryan's after church outfit..changes everything but the socks every week...makes me laugh every week..)

I made deep dish pizza for the game...it was my first time ever using yeast. Why is this a big deal? I have been scared away from recipe after recipe over the years because they require yeast. I dunno why I was so intimidated by an ingredient...but I finally faced my fears. So I had Ryan take a pic of the yeast and I before I began. I succeeded by the way.

Have you been to Pirate O's? Its a specialty food store in Draper. It is such a fun store! Anyways they have a walk in refrigerator full of different kinds of root beer. My dad got a few for us to sample and served them in this cute lil way. 

So that's it! Kyle is blessed, the super bowl is over for another year and life goes on as usual. Good thing there is another holiday next week to keep the party alive!

3 comments:

  1. soo fun, all of it! root beer sounds delish as of right now. glad we could at least make it to the post blessing party and i'm glad your superbowl party was equally successful. it was a fabulous game this year. and i agree, glad there's another holiday within the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle looks so cute! I'm so happy it turned out to be a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!Look at the little man! Oh my goodness! So so sad I missed this day but so so glad it was fabulous for you! What a blast and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete