Friday, February 11, 2011

Long, lean, adorable machine

Yesterday Kyle turned 2 months! Has it flown by? Yes. Does it also feel like we have had him for years? Yes. Everyone told me the first two months are the hardest and that it gets better. I think I believe them now. We are all getting a little more sleep, enjoying the smiles and lil' "convos" we have, and feeling more like ourselves again. Of course I am sure we have started on a journey of constant adjustments but it is all settling in a little more each day.


I took the little guy in for his check up today. He is doing well! He weighs 9 lbs. 10 oz. (15th percentile) and is 23.5 inches long (75th percentile). So as the doctor put it, long and lean. He wasn't really a fan of the shots, but who can blame him? We are often told how lucky we are to have such a good, peaceful baby. We don't know any different but we try to acknowledge we have it easy. He is usually happy, content, and chill. So no complaints here. We are a bit nervous for future children not being so easily pleased now that we think all babies are this way. But I suppose we will cross that bridge when we come to it? Til then we will soak up this lil guy. It may sound cliche, but he really does make me smile every single day.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I can't believe he's 2 months already! Love the pic of him in his beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my yum. i love him soo much. and you too of course. happy 2 months ky! time is flyyyin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! I love the pics, he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete