Monday, May 27, 2013

What's in a name

I like names to have meaning. Kyle is named after my brother who passed away and Ryan's dad. I love it.

Ryan and I have loved the name Zoe for years so it was a no brainier. Her middle name was also an obvious choice. Kate is after Ryan's little sister. We had personal reasons for choosing Kate which I won't share here, but I wanted to explain a bit of the meaning in Zoe's name. 

Katie (I've always called her Kate) is one of the most selfless, caring, sincere, amazing people I have ever known. Ryan and her have always been close, and I totally lucked out when I gained her as a sister. If Zoe grows up to be exactly like her I will be so happy. 

Yesterday Jeff and Kate were able to come meet Zoe. I love this pic of Zo with the amazing girl she's named after. 

1 comment:

  1. It is good to know where a name comes from and try to live up to the example of that person in your life.

    ReplyDelete