Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ryan's Birthday

Ryan had a birthday! I am obsessed with birthdays and I swear to spend the rest of my life making Ryan more fond of his. Anyways. We started celebrating Saturday with a delicious trip to La Jolla Groves (you seriously need to try that place if you haven't yet) and then went to Comedy Sportz, where I believe we laughed until we cried. That place never disappoints.
Then Sunday we kept the celebrations alive with Ryan's favorite dinner. Tacos al pastor, and chocolate cheesecake. I still have some kinks to work out with the tacos (if you love an al pastor recipe send it my way!) but I hope to be an expert by his 50th birthday. We went with a BYU theme (duh) and my parents were able to join us! After dinner we put on our comfies and went for a walk, where we happened upon an adorable cow.
Then on his REAL birthday we had some fun too. We started (really early...back to school!) with some eggs and a smoothie before heading out the door. Then after work we headed north a bit. You might not know how much Ryan loves our cactus garden, but wow does he love it. Well, we recently lost a cactus to disease and Ryan was pretty sad about it. SO we headed up to Ikea for him to pick some new plants. I found it hilarious that a home made ham and cheese and a trip to Ikea were Ryan's birthday requests. Oh, and a night of watching the US Open of course, along with some brownies and Haagen Dazs.
I think it was a good one. He also has a few more family celebrations coming up, so this is really the birthday that keeps on giving. That's a wrap! See ya at 28!

1 comment: