Sunday, August 19, 2012

Right Now


I often talk about trying to embrace our current phase of life in regards to location, student life, and embracing the unknown future. But tonight I am thinking about our stage in relation to having one child. Most likely, it won't always be just us and Kyle (though you never can be sure or anything, right?). Anyways, for some reason this has really hit me tonight. This part is unique to now. It is something that will be forever changed sometime.

Right now he has all of us. It is just us, and him. We are like this little group or friends that no one else really has a pass to. We are tight. It is an exclusive club. I feel like I want to soak up every second of this. I want to fully embrace the dynamic duo of Kyle and I against the world during the days when we are alone. I want to appreciate the evenings with just the three of us hanging out. Too often you can't appreciate your current phase until it has passed you by. I don't want to take our family of three for granted. I can't really tell how long this phase will last, but I am taking an oath right now to realize it, value it, and appreciate it. One day, it might be different. Not worse, but different.  I too often take for granted what a gift Kyle is to us.

Kyle is so special. It is terrifying to have the weight of being good enough for him on my shoulders. I don't know that I ever can be, but I sure will try. I just want to express my gratitude for a sweet boy, who completes our family. I hope to never take him, or this phase of life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment