Sunday, August 19, 2012

A brother.

Today is my brother's birthday. He passed away as a baby before I was born, but has often felt like a big part of my life. His absence is often felt, and my Kyle is named after him. As I was chatting with my sister a lot the past few weeks (more on that later) we got talking about Kyle (our brother).He fills the seven year gap between Michelle and I. It left me feeling sadder than usual that I never got the chance to grow up with him, or even to meet him. I would have loved to have him present by my side as we grew up. 

I can't imagine what my parents went through when they lost him. My dad recently told me it is something they have never gotten over, but they have learned to live with. Today I like to day dream about what might have been if he had been able to live, but also to dream about the day I will get to meet him. I think we will be fast friends. Happy Birthday Kyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment