Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Texas

We just got back from spending almost two weeks with my sister and her fabulous family in Texas. We had SO much fun. Ryan has never been able to join me on my trips to visit Michelle, so this was a treat. He was able to go to Chris's office everyday and work from there while Michelle and I partied with SIX kids at home, then in the evenings we could all hang out together, or take turns living it up with fewer kids along. I was bummed Ryan had to work so much on the trip, but since that made it possible for him to come along at all, I was grateful.
I took fewer pictures on this trip than I normally do, and it was kind of nice. I just didn't worry about it most of the time. For the sake of avoiding a too forever long post, I think I will list my favorites....bullet style.
  • Meeting baby Miles! He is so delicious and loved to snuggle with me. I couldn't get enough. And hello...perfect baby! He is a dream.
  • Michelle had a three week old baby when we arrived, but was still out and about like nothing had happened! What a champ.
  • Spending time with all the kids.
  • Getting to do the girls hair every morning.
  • Watching Kyle have so much fun with his cousins.
  • Watching how sweet Kyle was with baby Miles (except for the marker mural he drew on his face...oops)
  • Being with my sister around the clock
  • Eating Blue Bell Ice Cream...I hope all Texans appreciate that delicious stuff being in their stores.
  • Ryan getting to play tennis at least once a day with Chris.
  • Getting our teeth cleaned....shocked I enjoyed that one...
  • Going to a sold out MLB Rangers game with Ryan...SO magical.
  • SHOPPING.
  • Outings with Michelle
  • Crafting and adding some love to their walls
  • The thunderstorms
  • Michelle's mashed potatoes.
  • Leaving all the kids with a sitter for an adult night out.
  • Best shrimp platter with grilled veggies ever. Seriously. You have to go to Logan's Roadhouse.
  • Sonic happy hour when the kids were going a little too crazy for us:)
  • Buffy's Cupcakes on Main...Kyle's favorite part of the trip for sure.
  • Chuck E Cheese with everyone. Again...I have never seen such joy on Kyle's face.
  • Swimming at the Lake. SO pretty.
  • The magical mall in downtown Dallas...and the American Girl Doll Store...I so need a daughter someday.
  • Loved the beautiful green landscape there, not so much the humidity.
  • Cruising around town in a minivan...those things are seriously convenient.
  • Laughing with Michelle.
  • Being introduced to some fabulous Disney Channel shows
  • Honey Boo Boo
  • The runway show
  • Everyone getting to know Kyle
  • Kyle's attachment to Myah
  • Ryan teaching Kam to play video games
  • Hailey's outfits each day
  • Introducing the girls to What Not to Wear
  • Sam Moon wonderland
  • Being with my sister
  • Exploring a new city with Ryan
  • Baking with Kam
  • Climbing the Eisenhower head
  • Amazing outlets...and Ryan finding a Lacoste prize.
  • Steak n' Shake
  • Doing some hair
  • Taking a break from home for a bit. My phone didn't work most of the trip either...and I rarely got online. So peaceful.
We already want to go back. We love these people, and we love Texas too! Thanks so much for having us guys!



(they have actually lived all of those places)


2 comments:

  1. such great pics! sounds like a magical time, i'm so happy you guys got to go be with them for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when you said that Kyle had done a marker mural on the baby's face. Poor baby. I hope you got a picture of that.

    ReplyDelete