Monday, June 11, 2012

Kyle's First Race

Back when I signed up to run the Utah Valley Half I noticed a Kid's Fun Run 1k on the sidebar of the screen. I assumed Kyle would be too young...but nope. 0-12. It was free. So I signed him up. I was excited for him and Ryan to have something to do while they waited around for me to finish. They are fabulous fans, but I always feel bad making them wait so long. So I thought it was a great idea.

When I found out I wouldn't be able to run the race, I was still excited Kyle was signed up. It gave us an excuse to head down to the fun race atmosphere and participate somehow. I LOVE the finish line feeling. I might have cried while watching a few (complete strangers) finish the marathon while I waited for Kyle. I also ran into a few friends who ran, so it was so great to be able to congratulate them. Anyways. Back to my point.

Kyle got a whole legit little packet, complete with a shirt and a number. Cutest thing ever. So we dressed him up, strapped on his Nikes, and took him down to run. He was so excited the whole morning he just kept running everywhere. Once the race started he headed out, but ended up needing some help from Dad. I was so proud of him! As they rounded the corner my mom took him to the big finish. We then found him relaxing in the shade with his orange and ice cream. Just like a real racer. I think next year he will be able to run the whole thing on his own. Go Kyle! I hope I have a new running partner in a few years:)



 Starting line
 I think he hit a wall just steps from the finish. Glad Grandma was there to carry him through! (literally)
 Creamie wade it all worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment