Sunday, June 24, 2012

4 Years

So many things were wonderful about our trip, but maybe my favorite was that we celebrated our anniversary while we were there and San Diego happens to be where we spent a bit of our honeymoon so it was perfect. We had planned to go to the Padres/Rangers game because we try to plan our trips around MLB because we just love it that much. Anyways, that was the plan, We took Kyle and it was his favorite part of the whole trip. We went down to where kids can play and holy smokes. He was giddy. He also scored a free Padres ball from a worker there. Rangers won, need you ask? It was great. Our plan ended there...but then we got a surprise!

Later that night my Uncle and Aunt offered to take Kyle and send us to the Del Mar Fair...which we had never heard of but whew! It was amazing. We can't thank Mark and Lori enough for playing with Kyle...who also had a wonderful night (didn't want to come home with us).

The fair was so much fun. We went to the Hot Chelle Rae concert...which was so refreshing. It has been way too long since I went to any kind of concert. We also tried deep fried oreos, which were amazing but you can't have more than one. Wow. We also had a red velvet funnel cake...I know...overload! So amazing though. We passed on the rest of anything you can think of deep fried. We then ended the night with a Ferris Wheel ride at sunset overlooking the beach. I felt like I was in an episode of the OC and I loved every second of it. Best of all we just had a blast acting like we were 16 and care free. We wandered around laughing and playing all night. It was so fun and beautiful and everything great.


I say I can't believe it has been four years but really, it feels longer than that. My life before Ryan seems like a different lifetime completely. It is cliche to say, but I am so lucky to have found him. A special youn women leader once told me when I was younger that when you get married you should feel like you are marrying "up". Like you are getting the best deal in the world. Like you can't even comprehend that someone so wonderful is marrying you....but the trick is BOTH people feel that way. I always remembered that.

Ryan fit that then, and still does now. He is full of qualities I can only hope to develop someday. He makes me laugh each and every single day. There is never anyone I would rather do anything with, even shop or clean the bathroom....it is always him. He is always my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, so cute!! I can't believe I'm just reading all this now! JEALOUSY has set in! SO glad you guys got to do all this!

    ReplyDelete