Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flood.

So about a week and a half ago something exciting happened. Not exciting in an OOO I CAN'T WAIT kind of way...exciting in an out of the norm sort of way. It was Saturday morning. Ryan had left for a six hour test he had to take and my dear mother was coming to watch the babe so I could go running without him. Well upon her arrival she was asking how she could help me (cause she is just that nice) and I said my flowers needed to be watered out back. So we looked out my back window and what did we see? A very large puddle. I thought nothing of it, but my mom instantly thought the basement would be flooded...aaaaand she was right! Oh so flooded. Turns out a sprinkler broke underground. Thankfully nothing irreplaceable was lost. Also thankfully my parents are sort of veterans at the whole flooded basement thing, so they sprung into action knowing just what to do! 
 As I took this picture of my dad sweeping water he said "Oh boy you are going to blog this aren't you?" Yes. Yes I am!

 Cool boots. I know you are jealous. Also...still in pajamas...apologies. Nast.
 Memo: if you are going to store things in a plastic tub to keep them safe from things like floods, remember to put the lid on.
 Gotta have some fun right?
Luckily Captain Awesome awoke from his nap to save the day!

So that is our story. Could have been way worse. We are now gypsies until all the repairs are done. Turns out it was bad enough to re drywall, repaint, and recarpet. Moral of the story? Store things in plastic tubs with the lid ON and keep things off the ground. The end.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone could have fun while cleaning up a flooded basement it would be you and your mother. Good thing you guys have all those rain boots. Hopefully the disaster zone will be finishing up soon and you won't have to be a gypsy anymore.

    ReplyDelete