Monday, January 3, 2011

Here's the story...

So I started having real contractions about 20 minutes apart at around 3 pm on Thursday. I tried not to get too excited because I knew there was still a long journey ahead and it could still take a really long time. I was a week overdue and really wanting the little guy to come. My sister had come from Australia and it was getting dangerously close to her departure date. And to be honest I was just a little done being pregnant...anyhow. So Ryan was at work and demanded I text him every time I had a contraction. This turned out to be good because my text outbox became my contraction log. So my whole family was planning to go to 5 Guys for dinner, so I of course joined but luckily passed on the burger. As we were there the contractions starting getting about 10 minutes apart and much more painful. Michelle told me I could probably start getting excited at this point. I was scheduled to see my doctor and have another stress test the next morning at 9:30. I was really crossing my fingers I wouldn't make it to that appointment.
After dinner things got to about 5-7 minutes apart. Michelle called the hospital and they said I couldn't come in until they were 3-5 minutes apart and so painful I couldn't walk or talk through them. Lame. But I called Ryan to come home just in case and we headed home to pack our bags. By this point it was around midnight and they were about 5 minutes apart and pretty miserable. We called again and must have gotten a nicer lady cause she said we could come in and was very pleasant about it. So we headed to the hospital!
We arrived and checked in. They said I would be monitored for an hour and then they would chart my progress and call and ask my doctor if I could stay. Oh how I wanted to stay. Long story short I got my wish, we got admitted around 2 am, and got the party started!
After a normal labor and delivery Kyle Robert made his debut at 9:20am! (10 minutes before I was supposed to be at the doctor. My doc thanked me for delivering punctually) Ryan was a trooper and a huge help through the overnight journey.
He was nice and healthy and extremely tiny.
Ryan went with him while he got bathed and such. He really enjoyed his shampoo... that's my boy:)

First family pic! Michelle was fabulous at documenting our hospital stay.

Our hospital stay went well. We had many visitors and were well taken care of. The food was even fabulous. No complaints here!
On Sunday morning we packed up and headed home. Our house was decorated so festively thanks to my family. We were grateful for how smoothly things went and decided at a week late, he was worth the wait.

3 comments:

  1. Three blog posts for me to read in one sitting! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. How wonderful. It sounds like everything went smoothly. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete