Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today

 Mothers Day has new meaning for me this year. I am sure I have nothing to say that isn't said often enough by all mothers. But I sure love my lil' man. The world will definitely never look the same to me. My perspective on everything is forever changed, and I don't mind.

I can't help but wonder why I am so lucky. Not only was I able to HAVE a baby, but from finding out I was pregnant, to giving birth, to now having a 5 month old, everything has gone so smoothly. No complications. Don't get me wrong, being pregnant was not my favorite thing, and the first 6 weeks of Kyle's life were the hardest of my life. But overall? I have been blessed. I don't understand at all the trials or infertility, or the loss of a child so I won't claim to. But I would just like to recognize those who do. I can't imagine the pain and I can't tolerate the insensitivity of people. So many women would give anything to experience the discomforts of pregnancy, or the pain of childbirth, or to endure the sleepless nights with a healthy newborn. Whenever I am struggling, I really try to remember how blessed I am to have what I have. Random tangent from me. 

Have a Happy Mother's Day, and as  you celebrate remember that for many, today might be a hard day, for many reasons. It is definitely a day to make me grateful. A big thanks to ALL the women in my life who have helped me along the way.

4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman and mother! Have a great day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great with your little man! I love his shirt...my son had the same one and I'm so excited to get to reuse it on my next little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw jules i'm all choked up! this was such a wonderful post, thank you! love you soo much and think your'e the most fantastic mother in the world. thanks for your example :)

    ReplyDelete