Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5 Months!

It is about that time again! Time to journal about my growing lil' love. He is 5 months today! I can hardly believe it. First of all, look at him grow!
It has been a great month full of firsts, as always! How about I list a few of my favorite then post my favorite pics from the month? Sound good? Great.
  • He truly discovered his feet. They are now his favorite toy.
  • He got a taste of summer and never wants to go back. Loves wearing shorts and no socks.
  • He went on his first vacation! That included leaving the state for the first time, first time swimming, first time staying out til' 1 in the morning, first hotel room and first baseball game.
  • He got his FIRST TWO TEETH! At the very same time I might add. What a champ!
  • He had his first solids, and decided carrots are his favorite.
  • He laughs all the time now! It is so fabulous.
  • He is proving to be ticklish.
  • He is about the happiest kid around, smiling constantly.
  • He discovered sucking his thumb.
  • His lil friend finally arrived! 
  • He continues to be long and lean, wearing 9 month length and 4 month waist.
  • He has moved on from BFF Octi to BFF elephant (to be photoed later).
  • We took the infant head rest out of his car seat!
  • He loves to grab my face. I actually love it too.
  • He loves kisses.
  • He went on a two day snuggle strike but luckily has returned to loving cuddles.
  • He continues to sleep wonderfully through the night.
  • He isn't a huge fan of naps.
  • He loves to be where the party is.
  • He is learning he wants to be played with and paid attention to.
  • He has mastered fake coughing and fake crying to get what he wants.
  • He sleeps in really funny positions, and now loves it on his side the most.
  • He likes to stand up.
  • He must chew on something at all times. No exceptions.
  • He loves his personal penguin music video...sometimes it is the only thing that can console him.
  • He went on his first picnic.
  • He has started grabbing the spoon as you try to feed him.
  • He continues to be the cutest baby to ever live. 
I know there are things I am forgetting. Mostly I just love hanging out with him. He does funny things and always makes me laugh. He is basically just fun to hang out with. Already a cool kid. If you haven't spent much time with him, call and see if he can pencil you in. He is worth it. We are definitely the cliche first time parents completely obsessed with every little thing he does. And we like it. So far every month has gotten more fun, I am thinking it will just keep getting better! We loooove our lil' man. And now, some pictures.










3 comments:

  1. Such a handsome little fella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 5 months. That's crazy talk.

    An ode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) aw that makes me so happy that you included e's arrival in there. and that photo. looove. and love my little ky!

    ReplyDelete