Monday, April 11, 2011

My Four Month Old Friend

Yep it is true. My lil' man is 4 months old. It goes by fast but at the same time it is hard to remember life before him. These posts are a snooze fest for some I am sure but it is a really good way for me to kind of journal once a month about my babe. So just skip it if you don't wanna listen to me ramble.

Shots went well today. The nurses said Kyle's cry is extra sad compared to most babies. I guess he just knows how to work it. He weighed in at 12 lbs. 11 oz. (10th %) and 25 inches long (50th %). He is just my tiny lil guy!

It has been a good month! What is new? Well I think this month's faves include:
  • Constant smiling. He has all sorts of smiles. He will often do a half smile that I consider his courtesy smile. He uses it when people are trying really hard to get some loves from him. He will stare at them, flash this half grin, then go back to staring. His huge grin is my real fave. He opens his mouth as wide as he can and just smiles. Love. 
  • We got our first LAUGHS this month! There isn't a sound in the world I enjoy more. He definitely is becoming a Daddy's boy. Laughs tons more for Ry than he ever does for me. Life just isn't fair :)
  • The tub has become his favorite place. He loves to play, splash and soak til he shrivels. 
  • He has rolled over once! He often gets about half way and then we help him, but ONE time, he did it on his own!
  • He is actually enjoying tummy time.
  • He puts everything possible into his mouth and there is a lil tooth we can see! Hasn't poked through yet.
  • He can hold his own bottle, when in the mood.
  • He is still BFF's with the octopus.
  • He is often turned the opposite way of how we lay him down to go to sleep. He also puts himself to sleep at night and sleeps soundly through the night. He also straddles the slats on his crib...time for bumper pads eh?
  • The fuzz on his head is now visible if you fluff it after a tub.
  • He is a bit arrogant...loves looking at himself in the mirror more than any other activity. The other day I was holding him while I was doing something and didn't notice he was in front of a mirror. I caught him grinning at that handsome reflection.
  • He looks fabulous in blue, and we are thinking that will be his eye color.
  • He is pretty shy. Only smiles and chats with a lucky few. Totally clams up in large crowds and calmly keeps to himself. Wonder where he gets that from :)
  • He flails his arms and legs so fast he is often a blur of movement. 
  • He continues to be a very happy, content, easy baby. I told Ryan if I had a promise they would all be this good, I would be much more likely to have more children.
And here are a few of my favorite pics from the last month. Bring on Spring!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this just so much! I can't wait to see him again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love my little ky man! such cute pictures. and i read through each and every one of those. they excite me. i'm excited to make these kinds of posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I can't believe how much he is doing and all the changes going on. I know I should realize it, but wow! What a cute little fella! I can not wait to see him, and all of you, in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete