Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Wagon

I have a lot of things I want to catch on and blog about but don't have much time right now, so here is this instead. A Paleo update! I learned a lesson today for about the millionth time and wanted to share...

Lately I have fallen off the wagon a bit. Pregnancy has taken over, and I feel too tired to worry too much about what I am eating. It definitely hasn't been a free for all, I have tried to still be cautious with what I am eating, but there have been WAY too many cheats going on. Well I have also been feeling terrible lately. SO much heartburn, nausea, fatigue, and just plain blahness. I just attributed all of this to being towards the end of my pregnancy. Trust me, I am more than happy to do what needs to be done to get this baby here, but the end can be a challenge.

Well after an especially difficult night it hit me that maybe I was making things worse for myself by what I had been eating. I decided to recommit to eating the way I believe is the best for me and see if it made a difference. HOLY SMOKES! For the first time in weeks I went a full 24 hours (including overnight) without taking any Tums (I usually max out the dosage every day), I didn't throw up at all, and have felt so. much. better.

I have learned a thousand and five times that for me, eating habits are everything. I don't know why I consistently forget the difference it makes and give in to the things I know make me sick. I love a good cheat every now and then, and my body can totally handle that, but on a regular basis, I have to remember for ME, it just isn't worth it. Feeling that way is not worth it. So I am back on now, but will still be cheating occasionally.

It was just a good reminder that I need to take care of my body a little better. Looks or weight aside, I just need to feel good, and what I eat has the power to make or break that. So I fell off the wagon, luckily its always close enough to hop right back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment