Sunday, March 3, 2013

Farm Boy

When we decided Ryan should get a PhD and delay moving for three years, I was a little crushed. I don't hate it here or anything, I just felt ready to move on to the next stage. Anyways, in a way to make myself happy to stay I made a Top 10 Reasons Here is Cool list. I didn't know it then, but seeing Kyle enjoy life on a farm should have been #1. (If you don't know, we rent what used to be my grandparents house that sits on 120 acres of land in Orem.)

Last summer Kyle definitely loved playing outside, but as time has gone on and he has gotten a little older, I am really seeing what a dream land this place is for a little boy. Not only does it have tractors and trucks to ride, it has pigs, llamas, horses, and a huge barn to explore all close by. Yesterday the weather felt amazing, so we took Kyle out to play for a while. He played basketball for a while and then asked to open the shed to get his car out. Little did he know, we had a much cooler car for him this year. Last year Ryan's Dad fixed up Ryan's old power wheel that he used to drive around. It had been in our shed waiting for Kyle, and it was received very well.

Kyle is OBSESSED with cars, trucks, planes, and tractors. Having one to drive all by himself was a dream come true. He drove it around all afternoon. Watching him was when I realized oh, most little boys don't have a whole farm to drive their truck around on. We won't live here forever, but it is sure fun watching him live it up while he can.

I am thinking the day we drive a away from here to a culdesac and normal sized yard might be a hard day for Kyle. So, here's to staying a few more years and letting Kyle enjoy being a farm boy.

2 comments:

  1. cutest thing ever and i can't believe how grown up he looks driving that around! what the heck! emms definitely needs to come explore with him, he'd be in heaven. warm weather, keep coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that blue truck. That great that Uncle Bob got it all fixed up for Kyle.

    ReplyDelete