Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homestretch

I always consider hitting 30 weeks the homestretch of pregnancy. 10 (ish) weeks to go! It is crazy to me to be at this point. It honestly still hasn't quite sunk in we are actually having a BABY soon. We are getting really excited. So since this is a good milestone I thought it was time for a little pregnancy update. Here are some pics of the development...
I wear the same clothes several times a week...too cheap to buy many maternity clothes I suppose. I feel like at this point I can just tough it out right?

Things have been going great! The heartburn, swelling, back pain, and trouble sleeping have all arrived on cue but really it isn't bad at all. I am happy to do it, reminds me what I am working for! And if I make wise choices I can actually keep all symptoms to a minimum. No complaints here. I might take this back later, but I am happy to have 9 (ish) weeks to go! I am in no hurry...yet.

The best news is that I no longer have to go to school spring term! I was planning on going, and it was sort of stressing me out. The thought of having a baby one day, and trying to get back to class the next day made me not so excited. I know people do it, and I know I could have done it, but thanks to Ryan spending hours playing around with my remaining requirements we figured out it isn't really needed. SO grateful. It has made me so much more excited to actually have the baby...without the added stress of school.

We aren't sure Kyle totally gets what is going on. Though he talks to Baby X (no her name doesn't start with an X literally, just what I am referring to her as) regularly, and we talk about it a lot I still think he is in for a few surprises. I am sure he will make a fabulous big brother.

Besides being way more sick at the beginning this time than I was with Kyle, this pregnancy has been so much better. I feel so much better than I did with Kyle at this point. I am so grateful! We in no way have everything "ready" for her to come yet, but we will get there. I am excited to not be pregnant anymore, but I am also trying to enjoy and soak up everything I can about this pregnancy. It is such a gift, and I want to always treat it that way.

SO I have totally rambled with no point here. Basically we are healthy and happy over here, and hope to enjoy our last few weeks as a family of 3 getting ready to welcome Baby X!

2 comments:

  1. There is a neighborhood in Tapachula called Xochimilco. That might be a good name for Baby X. For a girl you would need to go with Xochimilca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute! if I get pregnant again, I want to dress like you. where did you get those cute clothes!??

    ReplyDelete