Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lately

Lately. Lately I have been feeling like I am treading water to just barely keep my head afloat, but the good news is, I am yet to go under! I miss doing smaller posts on single events, but for now these recaps will have to suffice as my journaling. SO what has our little family been up to as of late?

  • Most exciting news is the first thing that comes to mind....we got a new oven! In case you are one of the lucky people I haven't complained about my oven to, just know it was bad. It has never worked properly for the two years we have lived here. I have lost so many dinners and treats to the curse of that oven. We also only had one functioning burner on our stove and it took like an hour to heat up. No good folks. So this last week the long awaited event of a new oven and stove happened! BEAUTIFUL. I just want to cook all the time. OH! And did I mention it is a gorgeous GE double oven? Cha. Life changing. I have been literally hugging it, and Kyle sits and watches things bake (because there is a light you can turn on inside!?)
  • We baked a delicious chocolate cheesecake to celebrate the fact that we could.
  • Valentine's Day was fun! The actual day of I only saw Ryan for about 10 minutes, but we had a fun date the next weekend. We go to Outback every year because we always have a gift card. I always order lamb because it is the only time it is an option. And I love it.
  • Kyle and I did a little vday craft. And when I say little I mean it was a $3 pre made banner kit from Walmart we put together. He LOVED it. It was a good lesson to me that sometimes going simple (and maybe tacky) is best.
  • Ryan and Kyle have been spending a lot of time flying the rc helicopters. Kyle is obsessed.
  • We went to a BYU tennis match and Kyle got some one on one time with Cosmo.
  • Ryan has taken on some consulting jobs on the side, which he loves. 
  • Kyle keeps getting cooler like every.single.day.
  • We got our bedrooms painted thanks to Kels! 
  • I made the baby girl a quilt for her new room (third trimester has arrived eek)
  • I make wings. A lot.
  • Kyle has been going on more tractor rides with Papa.
  • Ryan and I took Kyle and his friend Emmett to Chuck E Cheese the other night for a bit. I have never seen them happier.
  • I got my very first A on a test at BYU. Like ever. 
  • Ryan saves my behind daily. Really.
  • We started decorating Kyle's new room.
  • The new salon is working great so far!
  • Kyle spent an evening with Brynn and Trevor and had a fabulous time.
  • Kyle made whipped cream for the first time. He found it fascinating. 


1 comment:

  1. you guys look fab in all these pics. jussayin. and seriously can't thank you enough for taking e to the cheese. 2 hours of solitude were incredible and i think he had the time of his life too. :) love you guys.

    ReplyDelete