Monday, August 8, 2011

It is ALL good!

I have always been a fall/winter person. I endure the summer to await my reward of cold, snowy days. This year however, summer has been FANTASTIC! I think it is the perfect combination of mild temps+Ryan home most evenings+me not working as much+Kyle's existence +not being pregnant like last year+making the most of the early sunrise and late sunset= the BEST summer ever. Seriously. We have worked hard but more importantly played hard! I feel like we have definitely made the most of this season. Allow me to list a few of my new found loves about summer time.

  • Again, early sunrise. It allows early running. And I love it.
  • Late sunsets. The days feel so much longer giving more time for fun!
  • Not having to bundle Kyle in order to go outside. He doesn't even need pants half the time! (total WT maybe?)
  • Being able to GO OUTSIDE! Winter was long with a newborn, that's all.
  • Not having to worry about getting sick as much.
  • Swimming. I love swimming.
  • Getting a small tan. Most would laugh..I know I am still white, but believe it or not there is some color there!
  • Enjoying the green farm we live on. SO pretty.
  • Camping. We finally have weekends free to go camping! It has been awesome.
  • Baseball season. Always a joy.
  • Feeling active. We get out and do. 
  • Delicious light meals. Fruits and veggies are so great this time of year.
  • Outdoor naps.
  • Outdoor walks.
  • Outdoors!
See? The list could go on and on. I even caught myself feeling depressed that it is August and summer is coming to a close. This has seriously never happened. As I was feeling all sad that these wonderful months are winding down...I started to remember what is just around the corner.
  • Jeans, sweaters, jackets, and scarves!
  • FOOTBALL SEASON! BYU of course...and I am actually quite the NFL fan these days. SO excited.
  • Halloween! And all the other holidays that follow.
  • No more sweating. A big perk.
  • Beautiful leaves and cool breezes.
  • Harvest time.
  • More "firsts" for Kyle as this will be his first Fall.
  • October conference.
  • Cuddling weather.
  • Busting out the cocomotion!
  • Energy bill going down.
  • The first snow.
See? I have decided I am now in the best situation possible. I love summer now. This means I can officially be happy and embrace the weather year round. So if you find a certain season makes you grumpy, try to fill it with things you love and make the most of it. It has changed my whole life really:)

No comments:

Post a Comment