Thursday, November 17, 2011

Home

I do hair from home. I have a salon in my house, but it doesn't have a separate entrance, meaning all my clients get a full tour of my abode before entering my salon. What does this mean? This means that I have become even MORE of a clean freak/don't make a mess nazi than before. Ask my dear Ry...it can get ugly. I hate clutter, I hate mess, and everything needs to be spotless, especially if I have clients coming. For some of this I have no apologies...I like things tidy. It makes me feel peace and cleanliness creates order and happiness....BUT...

This morning I only had one client, and she is one of my bff's moms who I have known forever, and I knew she wouldn't mind walking through a non spotless house to the salon, and I have had a lot going on so I didn't take the time to go through with my white glove. When I finished her hair I was walking her to the door and she looked in my living room and said SO endearingly "aww you can tell a one year old lives here!". It was just a little comment but it really made me think. What I saw as my mess of a house she saw as something sweet. The toys everywhere mean a happy lil guy has been able to have a blast playing. Then I looked around at the other messes. The kitchen was a disaster...because I had been working all morning on a cake for a certain lil man's pictures and dinner later for my fam. The dining area is covered in a holiday sewing project that got interrupted. All these messes meant this house is lived in.

Don't get me wrong, I still insist on order, but not every second. Some messes are ok. Life is messy. I know what you might be thinking, why not go clean rather than blog about your mess? I like to capture these moments while I can, cause I would bet within a few hours I will be back to fanatically cleaning and feeling annoyed at the messes around. So I thought I would document while I had a minute.



Someday, I will miss this mess.
*not pictured: the mountain of laundry in the bedroom....ick. Even through rose colored glasses laundry is still ick.

1 comment:

  1. this is my favorite. it's funny cause my mom said she was worried all day that what she said might have offended you when she really meant it as a good thing and then she read this. :) messes stresssss me out but sometimes i have to step back and remember where the messes are coming from and how much i love him.

    ReplyDelete